Four Coachella Hair Looks You’ll Want to Recreate Today
Created by both Patrick Wilson and Samantha Cusick on day three of this year’s festival they all epitomise the festival’s laid back luxe vibe. Here, the stylists breakdown the steps to the looks they created on these influential festival-goers.
Lydia Connell (right) – Hair by Patrick Wilson
1. Start by spraying the hair generously with ghd heat protect spray and work into the hair with the ghd air festival collection hairdryer.
2. Run the ghd platinum+ festival collection styler to seal the cuticle down and create a super sleek finish.
3. Pull the hair back into a low ponytail using the precision of the ghd tail comb. Secure with an elastic and tame any flyaways using a tiny pump of smooth and finish serum on a tooth brush.
4. Add Kela bead charms and chains throughout the hair and finally secure the ponytail with one final chain to secure.
5. Spritz the hair with ghd final fix hairspray to ensure the look lasts all night (so you can hair flick back and forth through Arianna Grande).
Lucy Connell (left) – Hair by Samantha Cusick
1. Prep hair with straight and smooth spray which contains heat protection.
2. Create a poker straight look throughout the hair using ghd gold festival collection styler. Glide the tool gently through the hair from root to end.
3. Next, create an inch thick channel of hair from front of head to crown. Add large chain rings to the section, threading the hair through and stopping at the point of the crown.
4. Create two micro braids to sit either side of the chain rings.
5. Secure into a high ponytail at the back and conceal the band by wrapping a small piece of hair around the pony leaving waves free for an undone look.
6. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to add shine and hold the look in.
Maya Jama – Hair by Patrick Wilson
1. Create a natural looking centre parting using the end of the ghd tail comb.
2. Prep hair using the ghd curl hold spray for hold and to add grit to the hair ahead of styling.
3. Use the ghd platinum+ festival styler to create nice, loose bends. Run the styler down a small portion of the hair, creating a bend and stopping before unclamping the styler, bending in the opposite direction to secure the wave.
4. Let the waves set and cool. Spritz the ghd wide tooth comb with hairspray before running it through the hair to break up each of the waves.
5. Finally, spritz hair with the ghd final shine spray for a glass like finish.
Charlotte De Carle – Hair by Samantha Cusick
1. Work the ghd total volume foam into the hair to add body and fullness in a light non-sticky way.
2. Create a deep side parting in the hair.
3. Create bends in the hair using the ghd curve soft curl tong. Run the tool backwards and forwards along the hair for a loose and luxe finish.
4. Let the curls cool and set before brushing out using the ghd wide tooth comb to gently tease the hair.
5. Add two pearl hair clips to one side of the hair – layering is on trend at the moment so the more accessories the better.