Barrie Stephen has undertaken a major salon survey to find out what his clients want, why they choose their salon and what’s important to them during their service.
- 74% of women surveyed prioritise recommendation and ‘on-trend’ hairdressing when making their salon choice.
- Only 55% make price their most important indicator of salon choice and half choose a salon on offers they have available and the awards they have won.
- Salon cleanliness and a warm welcome tip the polls as 93% and 95% of women surveyed made these elements their top priority.
- 37% of women surveyed say that the stylists own appearance influences confidence levels in their skills. (That’s nearly 4 clients out of every 10 that will judge your skills by how good you look!)
- Over half of all women surveyed happily pay over £80 at every salon visit. All the men surveyed invest less than half of their female counterparts.
- Three quarters of clients surveyed consider themselves to be loyal to their STYLIST rather than their salon.