Last night I watched Seven Ages of Rock on BBC TV, and this week it was all about heavy metal and glam rock. Motley Crew, Black Sabbath, Whitesnake and Iron Maiden were as known for their big hair as they were for their music. And now? Thirty years later most of them still have long, glossy tresses, except for the music writers, who mostly seemed to be bald. Watching them come on screen one by one, my husband (a drummer himself) has a theory: adrenaline, sex and rock ‘n roll is the answer to combating baldness. Just look at Mick Jagger, Ozzy Osbourne and Keith Richards – all of them rock stalwarts, with more hair than most people their age. I think he might have a point — what do you think? Ruth@HJi x
Why do musicians have great hair?
By on June 10, 2007 in Celebrity Hair
- Talented Hairdressing Apprentice Rebecca Philp Shares Her Story
- L’Oréal Colour Trophy 2014 Regional Finalists Announced
- Top Employer Talks About the Benefits of Apprentices to a Salon Business
- Creating a Salon Care Culture: John Gillespie’s Expert Advice
- Hairdressing Books to Celebrate World Book Day