Pink Hair Get the Look with Shelley Pengilly and milk_shake
Learn how to recreate this rose shade with milk_shake creative team member Shelley Pengilly in the pink hair tutorial below. Achieving a beautiful blush hue can be done in as little as six steps.
- Pre-lighten the hair with a high lift tint such as milk_shake Creative Conditioning Permanent Hair Colour 12.11 with 40 vol.
- To tone the hair mix milk_shake Smoothies Cocktail with equal parts Powder and Pink Grapefruit, plus Light Activator. Rinse out after 20 minutes.
- Apply a milk_shake Direct Colour Cocktail, which is 3 parts Powder and 1 part Light Red with a full bowl of Whipped Cream Leave In Conditioner to enhance condition. This is a root to end application and should be combed through the hair and left on for 10 minutes.
- Apply a colour care conditioner over the colour then rinse thoroughly.
- For a silky finish, blow-dry hair with milk_shake Smoothing Cream to help hot tools glide through longer hair.
- Style the hair using Corioliss C3 Straightening Iron in a downward motion – alternate the direction you twist the hair to create loose waves.
This article was originally published in the March 2019 issue of Hairdressers Journal