Interiors Inspiration: Glasshouse Salon, London
Part of the creative community located in Netil House, East London Glasshouse salon specialises in modern cuts and colour, with an emphasis on long-term hair condition.
Take a look inside and get inspired by this clean and minimalistic space.
Name: Glasshouse Salon
Address: Glasshouse Salon, Netil House, 1 Westgate Street, London E8 3RL
Telephone number: 02030959783
Owner/s: Olivia Crighton
How long have you been in the premises: Opened 2013
Clientele: Primarily female, professional’s and creative types with an interest in a natural/organic approach to their lifestyle, they love simple, modern cuts and colour.
Staff: Team of 9
Styling stations: 8
Financing: No financing
Design: Tim Rundle (Tim Rundle Studio) and Lauren Van Uden
Furniture: 99% bespoke and locally produced – styling chair shells from Hille and fabrics by Kvadrat.
Glasshouse’s top five tips on renovating/refurbishing a salon.
- Plan well and set realistic budgets.
- Be clear with written quotes and design drawings. It’s important to have email chains and information on prices, timings and measurements to help manage the project and avoid misunderstandings.
- Know your brand and clientele and work within an appropriate style.
- Know how you will work in the space to make it useful, eg: our colour mixing area is near the basin as we mix a lot of toners there.
- Imagine yourself as the client. What will they see and how will they feel walking into the space? Does it look warm and inviting?
Discover more over on their site www.glasshousesalon.co.uk.