Interiors Inspiration: Austen Thomson Hair
Name: Austen Thomson Hair
Address: 269 Great Junction Street EH6 5LP
Telephone number: 0131 5552277
Owner/s: Austen and Louise Thomson
Size: 1200sq ft
Budget: £45K refit £60k
Having worked in Glasgow based salon for 3 years, Austen Thomson decided to take the plunge and move to Edinburgh to pursue an opportunity with Paterson SA hairdressing where he eventually became Artistic Director. This was where he met Louise and 2010 they set up Austen Thomson hair. ‘We have been focused on growing our local market through hard work and dedication and continually reinvesting every penny back into the business to ensure that we are true to our philosophy – Inspire and Evolve. The commonwealth games came to Scotland 2014 and we were the Edinburgh salon asked to be guest stylists and train a team to work in the Commonwealth Village, we’ve also had a few celebrity clients that have supported us or asked us to look after their hair while they have been in town’
Austen Thomson Top Five Tips on Renovating a Salon.
- Set a budget and find a contractor who will stick to it!
- Invest in someone who will bring the design to life and oversee the work to completion.
- Set a completion date and implement a penalty for the work going over and leave a day between completion and reopening to get the salon back to normal.
- Have all the plans on a visual format so you can see elevated plans and be clear on all the details
- Make it easy for clients to still book appointments e.g. have online booking and your phone is plugged in with a message. and keep clients involved with the plans as ultimately it’s for them to enjoy.
See more Salon Interiors.