Authentic Beauty Concept Launches Sustainability Path
In a time where sustainability is more important than ever, Authentic Beauty Concept is paving the way for high end, professional hair care brands.
The importance of sustainability is more prominent that ever, it’s impossible not to think twice when making daily decisions, proving that the message is resonating globally. Authentic Beauty Concept has built their brand with sustainability at the core of their ethos, ensuring every decision is made consciously and collaboratively with their brand ambassadors.
In 2019, Authentic Beauty Concept established themselves as a brand with purpose, not always taking the easy route to fulfil their sustainable vision. During the year they achieved:
- All bottles, jars and cans are recyclable
- Carefully selected ingredients with free from vegan* formulas
- Supporting the Sustainable Guar initiative (since 2017) Ethical souring of Fairtrade violet rice extract
- Products registered by the Vegan Society™
- Shopping bags made of recycled paper with our salon materials printed on vegan, biodegradable, FSC-certified paper with mineral-oil free inks
- 100% Fairtrade, organic cotton in-salon towels
During 2020 AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT have continued their promise and during the year achieved the following:
- Launched their first sustainable in-salon Refill Bar, with 92% recycled plastic bottles and 85% bio-based PE labels
- Started to rework all bottles & over the counter as well as Backwash jars out of 80% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic, hitting the market as of 2021
- Started a journey together with Hairdressers Without Borders (for 3+ years)
- Launched a gift box campaign which supports 1% for the Planet – a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to support environmental
- Launched product Refill Bars to encourage salons and their clients to be more sustainable by returning and refilling bottlesAnd it doesn’t stop there, Authentic Beauty Concept is on a journey with a concrete plan to further strengthen their sustainability offer as they continue exploring more opportunities to evolve and make powerful changes. Produced a carefully crafted seminar, designed to give hairdressers a wider awareness and understanding of sustainability organisations.