Aveda Pure Image Awards Winners Announced
The Aveda Pure Image Awards, held at Chelsea nightspot, Public, saw 19 hairdressers compete in five categories. Each finalist presented a total look model to an audience of supportive colleagues and a panel of judges including celebrity hairdresser, Andrew Barton, photographer Jack Eames and HJ’s news and business editor Matthew Batham.
Rapturous applause met each finalist, as they brought their model to the stage and talked about their inspirations and the techniques and products used to create their looks.
While the judges’ scores were being added up, a special award was given to The Aveda Institute and a ‘return to the classics’ hair presentation was made by its advanced technical director Bruno Elorrioroz, and, advanced creative director, Christophe Potin.
- Avant-garde: Katie Beecroft, The Rye Retreat, Rye, Sussex
- Assistant: Amie Dancer, Ash Hairdressing, Berkhamsted
- Newcomer 2011: Lauren Davey, Baroque, Harrogate
- Men’s Total Image: John Mulhern, Mowgli Salon, Primrose Hill, London
- Ladies Cut & Colour: Danny Puopolo, Mowgli Salon, Primrose Hill, London