Zenoti Acquires Software Company SuperSalon
The acquisition follows Zenoti’s Series D funding round where it was valued at over $1.5 Billion. The leading beauty, wellness and fitness SaaS (software as a service) provider has seen recent, unprecedented growth attributed to the industry reopening following COVID shutdowns, offering necessary modern features such as mobile bookings, a reception-less environment and contactless payments.
Although the value of the deal remains undisclosed, the combined entity will power over 15,000 spas, salons and med-spas, including leading chains such as European Wax Center, Hand & Stone and Fantastic Sams.
On the acquisition, Zenoti’s CEO Sudheer Knoeru commented: “Customers expect innovation, and innovation needs scale. Like Zenoti, SuperSalon is trusted and proven among large enterprises, and our combined entity will not only expand the reach of our offering but also give us the scale to continue to develop cutting-edge technology that takes our customers to the next level.”
He continues: “A decade back, businesses looked at software only to handle point-of-sale and a few basic processes. Today, our customers expect us to create magical end-consumer experiences as well as power their marketing and growth. Greater scale means more data. This, coupled with our AI capabilities, means we can offer never-before features, insights and benchmarks to our customers.”
Raj Mahajan, CEO of SuperSalon, added: “I’m very excited to join the Zenoti family and bring its capabilities and innovation to our customers. Zenoti’s modern, mobile-friendly solution stands out as the strongest in our segment, and I see it as the best way forward to ensure continued growth and competitiveness for our customers. Most importantly, Zenoti will help them provide a standout experience for our customer’s guests.”
In addition to managing the existing customers of SuperSalon, Raj Mahajan will also assume the role of senior vice president (SVP) – corporate development for Zenoti.
On this new role, Raj commented: “I see the beauty/wellness software industry entering a necessary period of consolidation. Zenoti’s global scale positions the company well to spearhead this consolidation, and the technology advantages will benefit everybody that uses their platform. I’m excited to leverage Zenoti’s scale to drive this initiative.”
When asked what the acquisition meant, Sudheer commented: “This consolidation affords customers access to the latest technology innovations such as:
- A magical mobile-first guest experience which elevates every interaction that customers have – from booking to reminders to visits to automatic payments to social reviews and referrals.
- Modern features like mobile bookings, a reception-less environment, and contactless payments that are so critical during the COVID reopening phase.
- AI/Machine Learning tools that automate marketing, scheduling and inventory purchase thereby adding more dollars to the bottom line.
- A powerful employee app that keeps providers engaged and motivated. This includes access to Zenoti University, an invaluable resource for professional and business training.
- Access to rich data and analytics to help fuel strategic growth.
- A highly reliable cloud-platform with over 99.99% uptime that unifies all data and keeps a brand consistent across every location.”