The Spring/Summer Ponytail That’s Perfect for Wedding Season
While a dishevelled ponytail is not the most groundbreaking of trends, it delivers serious commercial mileage. This ‘tough’ ponytail will be the perfect solution for clients who want a hair up for a wedding or big event.
ghd fashion week ambassador Eugene Souleiman created this toughened up look in five easy steps.
1. Create micro braids across the head. The braids aren’t placed to be visible to the naked eye but will add texture and volume to the hair.
2. Cocktail together Wella EIMI Cocktail Me Oil and the lighter Wella EIMI Oil Spritz for shine and Wella EIMI Ocean Spritz for texture and spread through the loose sections of hair.
3. Use the ghd Curve Creative Curl Wand to add movement to the look where required, focusing on adding kinks and bends to the hair to help frame the face.
4. Use the ghd Platinum+ Styler to create rigidity to an updo and add body where needed.
5. Scrape hair back using fingers in a loose and informal way and then secure with a small elastic and the heat of the ghd Air Hairdryer.