Latest

Nearly Half of Salon Appointments Booked Outside of Salon Hours

by charlottegw / last updated June 14, 2019

salon appointments time

Salons without an online or app-based booking function could lose out on as much as 46% of business due to a large proportion of clients booking salon appointments outside of salon hours.

The research by Phorest Salon Software found that while just over half (54%) of appointments are booked during opening hours, the remainder (46%) happens while salons and spas are closed.

By analysing the hourly appointment booking trends of over 5,000 salons and spas, Phorest found that 28% of out-of-hours bookings happen in the evening after salons close and 18% take place in the morning before doors open.

The salon software company then asked 1,000 salon and spa customers what website features were important to them when considering booking a service, to which 32% specified online booking capability.

However, the most important feature (56%) was an up-to-date contact page listing location, contacts and opening hours.

A treatment menu with accurate pricing was next, with 40% of clients choosing this feature. Gen Z (those aged 18 to 24) was the group most likely to want out-of-hours booking options, followed by millennials (25 to 34) at 36%.

Phorest chief executive Ronan Perceval commented: “This is really important information for salon and spa owners, particularly those whose customers are in this younger demographic.

“Recent research shows millennials are earning more than ever before, and enjoy spending their cash online, so if you’re looking to attract these demographics with ever-growing disposable income, it’s vital to get online booking live for your salon.

“…Online booking gives them the option to book an appointment on their time, before they miss out on the last appointment with you and have to go to your competitor.”

This article originally appeared on Professional Beauty. 

Get more hairdressing news, advice and exclusive competitions delivered straight to your inbox

SIGN UP

LATEST

Load more