Learn How To Make Money From Your Salon Website
Your website is your platform and showcase to the world. It is an essential part of your business proposition. If you don’t have a well-built website to drive clients to your hair salon, you are missing out on thousands of pounds every year. Here are some tips to make your website work hard for you.
Stay in control
Your website helps to develop a rapport and trust with potential new clients. Would you trust a business that doesn’t have a website in 2019? If you don’t have a business website, today’s digital savvy clients may look elsewhere. Remember you are in control of the content on your site. You cannot control what others say about you on social media, but you can influence public perception by creating your own promotional content via your website.
It helps to back-up the claims you make on your website as 90% of consumers say online reviews influence their buying decisions. Since potential clients are already looking online, including client testimonials on your website is a great way to impress them.
Compete with the competition
With some savvy digital marketing, you can position your salon to reach more potential new clients for less money than you would spend on traditional marketing.
Remember most of your competitors have websites so your website allows you to remain competitive with your competition. If you don’t have a standout digital presence you are giving potential clients no choice but to book with another salon. Remember that once any consumer has an idea of what they need or want, they will start researching online to find details, reviews and testimonials.
Create 24/7 bookings
The bonus of a fully functioning salon website is that clients can make bookings 24 hours a day and seven days week. With online booking, clients can book anytime of the day or night. Combining your website with marketing tools, like email marketing will help you to reach new customers and generate both new and repeat business.
Be creative online
Use your personal digital space to highlight your products and services in the best way possible. A website is an obvious place to display your price list and products in detail, but you can also use it to create a buzz with exciting and informative short video content. This will give hesitant clients reassurance about your amazing salon and its team and will ensure they have no reason to book elsewhere.
The mistakes salon owners need to avoid
- Not having a website – A website will mean you will open the salon in the morning and will have new online bookings to start your day. In other words, you can make money through your website while you sleep.
- The wrong content – Why would a potential client contact the salon when they can simply read the brochure, leave the site and move on? Instead get clients to identify themselves by providing free information or a competition.
- Choosing the wrong web developer – Most salon website developers are not marketing experts and mistakes can be very costly. Invest in a website that sells your salon as the cost will be worth it.
- Failing to promote your website – The process of promoting and refining your website to maximise the response rate is on-going. Consider your strategy to drive new traffic.
- Failing to continually test and measure – Most sites are never tested. Make sure you have built in statistical tools needed to track traffic and activity on your website.
Liz McKeon is a business coach who specialises in the hair industry. For details about business seminars and industry workshops go to her website.