L’Oréal Professionnel Announce 2019 ID Artist Auditions are Open!
L’Oréal Professionnel has announced its summer audition dates for this year’s ID Artist Programme.
The ID Artist Programme from L’Oréal Professionnel has one goal – to find talented individuals who could be the future stars of the hairdressing industry and work with them to further develop their talent and discover their full potential.
Launched in 2003, L’Oréal Professionnel has helped to develop over 200 hairdressers. ID Artists are given world-class education by some of the leading names within the hairdressing industry. The two-year talent development programme features two weeks of education and once in a lifetime opportunities such as assisting backstage at fashion weeks.
The programme offers approximately 14 days of inspirational education with unique hairdressing opportunities. Entry to the programme is through successfully auditioning at one of the regional auditions.
The audition process
Entrants are given three minutes to present to an expert panel their inspiration, model and moodboard. Afterwards the judges will ask questions and also offer development feedback.
To enter the programme, you must be selected from one of the seven regional auditions.
There are two programmes to choose from when auditioning to become an ID Artist – Session & Cutting or Artistic Colour.
SESSION & CUTTING CRITERIA
• Your salon must be a Tecni.ART stockist
• Prepare a total look with model that is inspired by current trends
• Explain with a moodboard and your model how you were personally inspired and how you translated to your look
• Share how the model’s total look has been created
• Present and show the Tecni.ART products used to create your look and how you used them
ARTISTIC COLOUR CRITERIA
• Your salon must be a INOA or Majirel Colour stockist• Prepare and present a live model that showcases yourartistic colour work based on current trends
• Explain with a moodboard and your model how you were personally inspired and how you translated to your look and colour
• Fully explain how you created the colour and what Tecni.ART products were used to finish it
• You can use any L’Oréal Professionnel colour ranges for your audition
Regional auditions are taking place from 30 June to 22 July. Here is a full list of the venue and dates…
NORTH-WEST: Sunday 30th June – L’Oréal AcademyManchester, 1st Floor, Great Northern Building, 235, Deansgate, Manchester, M3 4ED.
NORTH-EAST: Monday 1st July – L’Oréal Academy Leeds,1st Floor, 84, Albion Street, Leeds, LS1 6AG
SOUTH-EAST AND EASTERN: Sunday 7th July – L’OréalAcademy London, 255, Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8AZ
LONDON: Monday 8th July – L’Oréal AcademyLondon, 255, Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8AZ
SOUTH-WEST AND MIDLANDS: Tuesday 9th July – Jurys Inn Hotel, Gloucester Road, Cheltenham, GL51 0TS
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND: Sunday 21st July – L’Oréal Academy,Styne House, Upper Hatch Street, Dublin
SCOTLAND: Monday 22nd July – Radisson Blu Hotel, 301, Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL
To book an audition please call 020 8762 4463 (UK) or 01604 5914 (ROI). Let them know your name, salon, location and the type of the path you are auditioning for. Bookings close 48 hours before your regional audition date.
READ NEXTHOB Apprentice Academy programme manager Claire Ensor shares 10 of the most important - and useful - things you’ll learn as a hairdressing apprentice.