The Top 4 Men’s Hair Trends from London Fashion Week Men’s SS20 Catwalk
In an unusual turn of events we’ve noticed three celebrity-favourite hair trends on London Fashion Week Men’s SS20 catwalk. Here are the totally wearable looks your clients will ask about this summer, their catwalk reference and how to get the looks.
Easy, breezy softy curls
The newest trend by far is the soft, unstructured wavy look. On the catwalk, Toni & Guy has collaborated with Band of Outsiders and St. James to create a fresh summer style.
How to get the look, by Toni & Guy artistic director Dexter Dapper Johnson:
1. Prep the hair with label.men Grooming Cream to create a body and base to the hair and roughly dry through the hair.
2. Then in order to build texture add in label.m Sea Salt Spray.
3. Finally set the look back with a liberal misting of label.m Texturising Volume Spray.
While on the red carpet, a number of celebrities follow the trend, including Tom Holland and Shawn Mendes (pictured below).
Soft quiff with a natural side parting
The timeless hairstyle is a modern throwback to the movie stars of the 1940s and 50s. At London Fashion Week Men’s SS20 HLA x AED by JD.com show, Narad Kutowaroo for Brendan O’Sullivan created a classic side parting working with each model’s natural texture to create a slightly weathered look.
How to get the look, by Narad Kutowaroo::
1. Work Go247 gel or Go247 styling cream into wet hair and gently diffuse it.
2. Add extra movement or straighten where necessary with hot tools and seal the ends with Go247 grooming cream.
3. Finish the clean look with Go247 Control Spray.
Celebrities such as Ryan Gosling, Chris Pine (pictured below) and Leonardo DiCaprio keep a tiny bit of length on the side for added texture and a medium length on top.
Slicked back hairstyle
A slicked back, natural look with very little volume reappeared multiple times during London Fashion Week Men’s SS20. Mari Ohashi at LGA Management created a slick look for Fudge Professional at the Craig Green show.
How to get the look, by Mari Ohashi:
1. Prep hair by spritzing with Fudge Professional Tri Blo, then roughly dry using fingers to keep the hairs natural texture.
2. Apply Fudge Professional Vinyl Pomade to the roots of hair to lay flat and remove any volume. Use tongs, if needed, to create movement at the ends of hair.
3. Apply a hair net to keep hair flat and slick down, then diffuse dry.
4. Finish by reapplying Fudge Professional Tri Blo to bring back the wet look effect.
Celebrities that are fans of the slicked back include Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds (pictured below) and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Braided soft dreadlocks in a ponytail
Schwarzkopf Professional collaborated with hair stylist Federico Ghezzi from Saint Luke Artists for the
Bethany Williams S/SM 2020 collection at London Fashion Week Men’s. Federico’s elegant and timeless work featured the repeatedly seen dreadlocks.
How to get the look, by Federico Ghezzi:
1. Section the hair in square sections of 2 and half centimetres.
2. Then with each of these square sections split into two to create two mini ponytails.
3. Extend the mini ponytails with afro hair extensions, attaching to the real hair with elastic and then rope braid all together all the way to the end and secure with elastic. Then cover the base of the dreadlocks with a little veil of natural hair.
4. Prep each Dreadlock with OSiS+ Dust it, fix the base of the dreadlock with OSiS+ Session Label Super Dry Fix and then finish with OSiS+ Refresh.
Lenny Kravitz is among many celebrities that regularly wear their hair in dreadlocks.