How To: Style Androgynous Biker Hair with Indira Schauwecker
Androgynous hairstyles are becoming increasingly popular as clients are becoming more daring with their cuts and colour. In this step by step from Indira Schauwecker international art director at Toni & Guy has created a step by step to their edgy biker hair from the runway.
The hairstyle mimics the silhouette of a biker’s helmet, creating a contrast of both softness and strength.
The Biker Look by Indira Schauwecker
1. A radial section is taken, two curved sections on the profile are taken from the lower recession to behind the ear. A profile section is taken behind the radial, elevation and distribution is 90 degrees and then cut round, following the head until you get to the occipital bone. After that drop your layers slightly to get tighter in the nape, this technique is repeated behind the radial following rounded sections.
2. The fringe length is decided taking a profile section and brought to the front.
3. The first guide is cut on its guide and cut vertically to create slight graduation at the front of the fringe. Continuing to use this guide in the same way, create a rounded fringe in front of the radial. The guide is taken from behind and a round layer technique is applied in the front, connecting the top and the fringe.
4. The profile section is divided in two diagonal back sections and the side is cut in a ‘T’ shape to the parting and elevated at one-fingers depth, creating a rounded strong outline around the cheek bones. Continue to bring the rest of the hair to this line and check balance on both sides.
5. Starting on the higher part of the sections the guide of the round layer is used to soften and blend the top layer with the sides. Taking diagonal back sections and overdirect everything to the top guide and cut square.
6. Apply label.m Blow Out Spray and Sea Salt Spray before drying and personalising, with some deep point cutting, finishing with Powder to Wax.