Have you Heard About the New Tech Platform that Connects Hairdressers with Clients?
New beauty tech platform – bgx by blowout&go has now launched a global partnership with Uber & Balmain Hair. Starting with London, Paris and Dubai, it aims to connect professional salons with their communities to deliver premium beauty services directly to customers on-demand.
This launch also marks the first time a business has fully integrated with Uber to bring reliable and safe transportation to connect businesses with their customers.
bgx co-founders Ali Rafi and Paria Ghorashi built their tech platform on the back of years of work delivering home beauty services to women in their base of Dubai as blowout&go. bgx was born when the founders realised busy women don’t have time to plan and book appointments in advance, even to their home. There was a gap in the market for a truly on-demand service.
Paria Ghorashi says: “Customers expect delivery of all kinds of high quality services immediately and transparently via our mobile phones – whether it be food delivery, transport, or parcels – and beauty is no different.”
“The Uber platform has already brought step-change improvements in transport and food delivery services – we see hair and beauty services as the logical next step. Customers will be able to book a stylist to their home or office directly from their smartphone.”
The customer app is available on iOS and Android smartphones. Each interface will enable customers to book a high quality blowdry and styling by a top stylist whether they are at home, at work or at a hotel. Bgx partner Balmain Hair ensures a luxury experience for consumers using the best in professional styling products.
Richard Guliker, art & D director of Balmain Paris Hair Couture adds: “Balmain Paris Hair Couture has years of experience of styling hair outside the salon through our network of professional backstage and editorial stylists. Therefore it fits our brand to support this on an even larger scale. It brings catwalk style right into the consumer’s home.”
bgx only partners with premium salons to ensure service quality and professionalism. Hundreds of premium salons came on board for the central London launch on 6th March 2018. Several cities in the USA, Europe and Asia are scheduled to be activated in a second phase later in the year.
bgx Founder Ali Rafi added: “The salon will gain access to thousands of potential customers in their vicinity who may want to use their services, but may not have known about their offering.”
Here are just some of the other key benefits the service can give salons:
- Client is automatically billed for service via app – so no money handled by staff for a truly on demand service
- Uber automatically sends cab to salon location and returns stylist and then automatically sends bill to consumers account
- Safe/help button on app for stylists safety
- Locations, journey and current status shown on app throughout appointment
- Users and salons complete a vetting and registration process
- 6 key blow dry services available for consumers to choose from at £65 per service
- Client washes hair ready for when stylist arrives or can opt for dry blow/style
- Balmain styling used to create a luxurious runway experience
- Client can rate their appointment/stylist
- Salons sign up for the service at no cost to salon
- Historic data indicates key user times are early mornings and late afternoon/early evenings, when salons are traditionally quieter
- Allows salons to utilise stylist down time in salon with no added overhead costs to salon, whilst generating revenue for salon
- Salons have the choice to accept or ignore on demand appointments on the app – salon chooses what works for them
- Directs new local consumers back to the salon for further in salon experiences for colour/cut services
- Salons can rate customers
Head to blowoutandgo.com for more information.