NYFW Trend Report: Prabal Gurung AW17 with Wella Professionals
The models hit the runway for Prabal Gurung’s AW17 collection with sleek, powerful ponytails that perfectly compliment the multi-coloured furs, silks and knit sweaters showcased on the runway. The overall beauty look embodied a sense of strength, featuring a vibrant eye and masculine pulled back hair – a fitting tribute to Prabal’s runway finale. Wella Professionals Lead Stylist, Anthony Turner wanted to create a strong, androgynous look with a downtown element to give it a New York feel. The look is described as,“homemade with a necessary sense of ease; a woman can achieve this at home.” Anthony Turner
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair by lightly spraying water throughout, to dampen.
2. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift throughout the entire head, layering densely into the hair.
3. Next, begin to lightly blow dry hair, to smooth out the look.
4. Once dry, comb in a deep side parting and apply Wella Professionals EIMI – Rugged Texture throughout, for a matte finish.
5. Using your hands, scrape the hair back into a ponytail in the middle of the back of the head.
6. Secure hair with an elasticated tie and add in some textured waves with a curling iron for a dual look (masculine in the front and feminine in the back)
7. Finish the look using Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm.
AWARDS AND EVENTS