#LFWSS17 Trend Report: Anya Hindmarch with Sam McKnight & Cloud Nine
Session stylist Sam McKnight created a futuristic ‘facelift’ pony backstage at the Anya Hindmarch SS17 show.
Inspired by facelifts and bandages a statement neoprene headpiece c/o Stephen Jones was placed on each model. A high-shine finish provided a stark contrast to the matte pieces running throughout Anya’s SS17 collection.
‘It’s very futuristic, super-shiny hair that contrasts with the matte clothes,’ says Sam McKnight. ‘The bandage makes the hair look theatrical and surreal – it transforms the models into a bit of an Anya army.’
Get the Look:
- Mist freshly washed hair with hairspray before straightening with The Original Iron for a super-sleek finish. The Micro Iron was also used to straighten afro hair and shorter, curly hair around the neck and hairline.
- Working with a middle parting, a one-inch section of hair was smoothed from the top of the head into a pony to avoid bumps showing through the neoprene bandage.
- Hair was smoothed into a super-clean low ponytail and secured with elastic cord at the nape of the neck. Extensions were used on models with shorter hair to create extra length.
- The figure-of-eight Stephen Jones bandage headpiece provided the final runway hair statement. Sam recommends using a scarf or headband to recreate the look at home.
- In the line-up, The Original Iron was smoothed through the ponytail length and ends to tame last-minute flyaways.
BRITISH HAIRDRESSING BUSINESS AWARDS