NYFW AW18 Report: The Ultimate Hair Flip at Anna Sui
For the Anna Sui AW18 runway show the models were channeling a real 1980s vibe.
The clothing collection, which was entitled Beloved, truly evoked a feeling of maximalism and getting dressed up with the embroidery, beading, knits, custom jewels and sunglasses that were showcased.
For the hair, Garren, R+Co Co-Founder, used his brand’s products to create the look which was inspired by the Mudd Club era and featured lots of textured styles. The main feature was the extreme hair flip that was rocked by all models.
Garren commented: “We’re taking the hair and bringing it into an 80s world where it has lots of texture at the scalp and on the top. And then once we’ve built the texture, we gave some girls bangs by bring the fringe across the forehead.”
Get the look – Anna Sui
1. Start by adding JACKPOT Styling Crème to the roots to create texture and thickness into the hair.
2. Apply MANNEQUIN Styling Paste through 6 inches of the hair and a little bit on the ends.
3. Add a little SAIL Soft Wave Spray into the hair to get undone texture that still feels touchable.
4. Take a bit of the fringe and bring some across the forehead to create the looks of bangs, to add to the texture.
5. Next, bring all of the hair over to one side. To anchor, use dart pins or bobby pins at the back of the head so the hair falls to one side.
6. Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray or VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray to keep the hair off the neck.