LFW Men AW2018 Trend Report: Modern Topknots at Velsvoir
The inspiration for Velsvoir’s AW18 collection derives from escaping modern technology and instead drawing from the elements. Double-breasted suits in corduroy, fleece and wool are complemented by soft, flowing, textured hair.
Louis Maharaj and the International Toni & Guy Session Team updated the classic topknot in a ‘half up, half down’ style. Soft, flowing, natural textured hair reflects the essence of nature, while the refined, groomed topknot emphasises the intellectual theme that runs through the collection.
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with label.m Volume Mousse from root to end then blow dry straight with a label.m Cushion Brush.
- Create a small middle parting and work label.m Fashion Edition Wax Spray into the section and plait a centre braid.
- With the end of the braid, create a high top-knot leaving out the ends.
- Create another top knot below leaving out half of the hair underneath.
- Finish with label.m Texurising Volume Spray through the ends of the hair for a matte finish.
label.m Volume Mousse
label.m Fashion Edition Wax Spray
label.m Texturising Volume Spray
label.m Cushion Brus
label.m Tourmaline Dryer
The key inspiration for Band of Outsiders’ AW18 line was drawn from a winter sport aesthetic. Toni & Guy International Art Director John Wilsdon creates a fresh, natural movement to replicate what hair looks like after a day of skiing. Using the model’s own texture, Jon works in the new label.m Powder to Wax to Read More