Big Crimping – How to Get the Look from LFW
While ponytails and wet look hair reigned supreme for the hair for AW20 there was an unsung style that turned heads at LFW – big crimped flat waves. Seen at the Bora Aksu AW20 show, the look was a show stopper created by lead hair stylist Daniel Martin for L’Oréal Professionnel.
His muse for the look was Hilma af Klint, a Swedish abstract artist and mystic. “We want it to look ethereal and a little bit spiritual. These are soft, flat waves that are slightly irregular with dry texture,” says Daniel.
– Section hair into a centre parting. For thicker hair textures, create a concealed braid or bun underneath to reduce density so the hair feels light and airy.
– Prime hair with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Beach Waves spritzed over the top layers and diffuse the product in for a dry, textured finish.
– Use a triple barrel waver tool to create flat waves that are slightly irregular, not uniform.
– Once cooled and set, brush out and spritz the front and ends with L’Oréal Professionnel
TECNI.ART Morning After Dust to open up the waves.
– As a finishing touch, flick L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Super Dust lightly onto the ends to enhance the dry texture.