NHF Welsh Awards 2018 – Winners Announced in Cardiff
The winners of the NHF Welsh Awards 2018 were announced at a ceremony held at The Coal Exchange in Cardiff Wales last Sunday. The winners were selected by a Welsh public vote, from a list of nominees drawn up by an expert panel of judges.
Nominees and guests were welcomed to the NHF’s Welsh Awards with a reception, a red-carpet black-tie dinner and catwalk showcasing the work of some of the 2017 winners. The awards ceremony then crowned the winners of the NHF’s Welsh Awards, before the evening concluded with a party to celebrate the success of some of the best hair and beauty businesses in the industry.
The winners of the NHF’s Welsh Awards are as follows:
- NHF Welsh Hairdresser of the Year – Shelley James – Ty Gwalt unisex hair salon, Porth
- NHF Welsh Barber of the Year – Alex Panios – Windsor Barbers, Cardiff
- NHF Welsh Student/Apprentice of the Year – Kayleigh Williams, Hair Kandi, Swansea
- NHF Welsh Salon Team of the Year – Freestyle Barbers, Haverfordwest
- NHF Welsh Beauty Therapist of the Year – Beauty by Lauren, Abertillery
- NHF Welsh Colour Technician of the Year – Bryley Hinton, House of Hinton, Cardiff
- NHF Best in Wales – Naomi Troake, Hair Kandi, Swansea
- NHF Hall of Fame – Lazarou Barbers, Cardiff
NHF president, Agnes Leonard said: “The number of entries we received exceeded all of our expectations, as did the number of votes we received from the people of Wales who selected which business they wanted to win.
“Winning an NHF Welsh Award is a huge achievement for a hair and beauty business, so we would like to congratulate all of our winners for their hard work and determination – we hope that their businesses continue to thrive as a result!”
This year’s Welsh Awards were sponsored by ASTON & FINCHER.