How To Combat Hair Pollution and Save Your Clients’ Hair
Pollution is known to be harmful to the skin, but it also damages the health of people’s hair resulting in a dull and greasy look.
The toxic chemicals in the air around us are produced by transport, agriculture, power stations and even burning fuel for domestic cooking.
How to protect your clients’ hair from pollution:
- Use the right shampoo and conditioner – By understanding your client’s hair type first the stylist will be able to act accordingly. The right shampoo and conditioner will keep your client’s hair healthy and clean without stripping it off its natural nutrients and oils that help protect their hair.
- Add extra protection – It’s important to make sure that your client’s hair is well protected, both in terms of physical protection and nourishment before they step out of the house for the day. The best-selling ghd heat protect spray, provides a barrier against everyday heat damage as well as environmental factors. Containing the unique ghd heat protection system and conditioning agents, this spray will protect the hair all day long.
- Increase Protein Intake – The long-term solution to keeping your client’s hair healthy is to maintain a healthy and balanced diet, ensuring you are advising your client to eat enough protein-rich foods. Hair strands are made up of protein fibres, and a protein-rich diet will strengthen their hair and encourage its growth. Eggs, lentils, fish, leafy greens, are must-have hair foods to recommend to your client if they want to flaunt healthy locks at all times.
- Keep A Clean Scalp – Oily and greasy hair will only attract more pollutants, dust particles, and dirt to the hair. Make sure your client’s hair isn’t oily and advise them to keep their scalp as clean as possible. However, warn them that shampooing the hair every day isn’t good for their scalp either, this is where dry shampoo is very useful.
- Indulge in a treatment – Pollution often sucks the moisture out of your clients hair and scalp, leaving the hair dry, thin, and prone to damage. To fortify split ends and protect future breakage, use the ghd advanced split end therapy treatment. This treatment works instantly to nourish ends, and leaves your clients hair feeling smooth and shiny for up to 10 washes. Simply comb through shampooed hair, blow dry and then pass the ghd platinum + styler over hair to seal in the product using heat.
Photo by Johan De Jager on Unsplash