Simple Steps for Festival Braids with Unite
Boxer braids are a great way to keep hair off the face whilst still looking on trend this festival season. We love this style featured on stylist Riawna Capri’s Instagram account.
Get the Look:
- Comb out hair and divide hair into two clean sections. (tip: smooth out hair with Hot Tools smoothing to make hair easier to work with)
- Begin on one side by making a small (one inch) pony tail at the top of the braid. (tip: Keep elastics somewhat loose so you will be able to pancake the braid out later)
- Make another small ponytail right below the first one. (tip: use a rat tail comb to section the hair for smooth and clean partings)
- Divide the first pony tail into two equal sections.
- Take the second ponytail and clip it up in between the first pony.
- Section out a third small pony tail right below the second, be sure to include the hair from the first pony tail into the third pony.
- Release the clip and repeat steps 4-6 down the rest of the head.
- Once you have reached the bottom of the head you will no longer need to add in hair, you will just continue the pull through braid throughout the rest of the pony. To do this, add an elastic to the top pony about two inches down.
- Next, make a hole in the middle of that two inch segment, and reach through the hole pulling through the bottom pony.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you run out of hair.
- Repeat steps 2-10 on the other side of the head.
- Apply UNITE’s EXPANDA Dust all over the hair, this will be very helpful for expanding/or pancaking the braid and will also help the braid last.
- Pancake or expand each section to make the braid as big and full as you desire.
- Finish with UNITE’s SESSIONMAX Hairspray to lock this look into place.
See more Step by Steps.