L’Oréal Professionnel Paris ID Artist Auditions Open Now
L’Oréal Professionnel Paris are excited to share that the auditions for ID Artist programme 2022-2023 are now open!
The two year development programme aims to find talented individuals and help them to reach their full potential. You have the chance to be developed by top industry names for a minimum of five days per year, improving skills in presenting, hands-on training, networking and more.
What to know before auditioning for L’Oréal Professionnel Paris ID Artist
L’Oréal Paris ask that you ensure you are available to attend the National ID Artist Training on 28 February and 1 March 2022. Candidates must enrol on the 2022 ID Artist Audition wait-list on L’Oréal Access by 19 January 5pm. Between the 13 to 20 January those on the wait-list will receive an email to submit entries. Submissions close 20 January 23:59 (UK time).
There are a maximum of 12 places available in the 2022 intake who will join the current second year ID Artists. Entrants must be employees engaged as a hairdresser, colourist and/or stylist working in a hair salon in the UK or ROI which has a valid L’Oréal salon stockist account on the L’Oréal Partner Shop: www.lorealpartnershop.com/uk or www.lorealpartnershop.com/ie. Entries are open to UK and ROI residents aged 18+.
How to Audition
Auditions are by digital entry only and include two formal audition steps:
Step 1: Submit an audition video showcasing a model
- Prepare a complete total look featuring a model based on something that inspires you
- Present this look and explain how you achieved the look, including the techniques and products used
- You will be asked to indicate your chosen area of skill and focus between cutting, styling and colouring. You can select just one or all three; during the audition you need to explain and showcase your chosen skill area(s). This should be achieved using only L’Oréal Professionnel Paris styling and/or colouring products
- The video must be landscape and a minimum of 90 seconds in length, but a maximum of five minutes
- You do not need to include footage of the process and the video does not need to be a professional level
If you have any technical issues with your submission, please email [email protected]
Step 2: A virtual interview with a panel of experts
After you submit your audition, you will be asked to book a time slot for a 10-minute interview with the panel of judges. The judges will ask a series of questions regarding the technical and thought process behind the look presented in the audition.
The interviews will take place on the 24 and 25 January 2022. On the day you will be emailed a link to join this virtual interview. Entrants must have internet access, and access to a laptop/desktop/smartphone with a video for this interview. If you do not receive the link on the day, please email [email protected]
Successful ID Artists will be notified by phone and/or email on the 26 January 2022. See terms and conditions for the competition here and good luck!