2022 Alternative Hair Show is Back Live
After 2 years of Virtual Streaming, the 2022 Alternative Hair Show, LEGENDS, will be LIVE once again – located at a new venue: TROXY, an Art-Deco theatre in Stepney, East London, on 9 October with an audience capacity of over 3,000 and with fantastic views of the stage.
Born out of passion and love, the core aim and belief of Alternative Hair still focuses on helping finance research into childhood blood cancers at Great Ormond Street and other hospitals, supporting families with a sick child and assisting global projects to train medical staff.
The odds of a child surviving Leukaemia are much higher than they were 40 years ago, but work still needs to be done, which is why: the show must go on!
As the years have passed, this enduring event has also focused on showcasing the artistry of global hairdressing teams as well as finding and promoting new talent.
The loyal and regular fans of Alternative Hair, many of whom have crossed the world each year to see the show live, and, for the last two years have made up a huge and expanding global online audience, have looked to the show for inspiration and information, as well as entertainment.
Alternative Hair is not just about raising money, it’s also about raising the status of the hairdresser. The hairdressers showing their work on stage are absolute craftsmen, artists and visionaries. Many hours, days and weeks go into the creation of each team’s individual show and it’s the legacy of Alternative Hair to show their work to at its very best.
- Sunday’s LEGENDS Show will host the grand final of the 2022 Visionary Awards as well as the Legends Artistic Teams.
- Everyone buying tickets for the main show will also be able to watch the Virtual VISONARY AWARDS SHOW which takes place on Saturday 8 October The Visionary Awards has grown massively since Anthony Mascolo, Alternative Hair President, came up with the concept as a way of promoting and inspiring new talent. Surprisingly entries have not diminished over the last 2 years and this year promises to be a truly exciting and creative event.
- The main show on 9 October will once again be streamed virtually across the Globe.
- Tony Rizzo has dedicated 40 years of his time and effort to make the Alternative Hair Show happen. Every year is hard. It certainly hasn’t got any easier. Without the magnificent support of sponsors and hairdressers, the show cannot happen…..
- This year’s Alternative Hair Show is very honoured to have Alfaparf as its Premier Sponsor together with Platinum Sponsor: Wella. Charity Sponsors for this year’s show are: Infringe, Semi di Lino, AH products, Linda Beauty, Sun Sea Academy, Sebastian and Parlux.
- To date, some 13 million pounds has been raised.
- Tickets and further information as available now from: www.alternativehair.org
So as you can see here, this is why, each year, Tony reaches out to everyone in our profession for support in some way, to make the 2022 Alternative Hair Show materialise. 40 years is a milestone. Can you help make it happen?