Men’s Hair a Growth Market
If anyone still doubted that the men’s hair market was growing, the latest figures speak for themselves.
More than 90% of salons responding to the latest Beautiful Britain Survey by Salon Services said they had experienced an increase in male clients over the past year, with 40% reporting that men joining their partners for beauty treatments was a growing trend. Some 46% of respondents said they offer male-specific grooming services.
The Beautiful Britain Report from Salon Services also revealed the following facts about male grooming in UK salons.
- Men visit the salon every five weeks for a haircut
- The average price of a men’s haircut is £13
- The average price for men’s hair colour is £24
- David Beckham remains the biggest style inspiration for men, according to 51% of respondents, followed by Mark Wright (16%) and Ryan Gosling (8%).
- The biggest hair trend for men according to 72% of respondents is short on the sides and longer on top, followed by the man bun (17%).
This year HJ has launched a new category in its British Hairdressing Business Awards – Male Grooming Salon of the Year. Visit the British Hairdressing Business Awards page for more information and details on how to enter all this year’s categories.