Important British Hairdressing Awards 2020 Update
We are making some positive changes to HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional for 2020.
The entry process is being adjusted to take account of the impact coronavirus is having on our industry. We want ensure the best in our profession have every opportunity to enter.
Now that we have a proposed date for salons to reopen, we have made some exciting changes to HJ’s 2020 British Hairdressing Awards sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional. These have been made to ensure we make the Awards accessible to everyone in these unprecedented times.
What you need to know
– Entrants can use images that they already have in their portfolio but not re-enter an entire collection
– Entrants can make up collections using the very best images they have from the entries they have shot over the years
– Four images need to be submitted by the first-round closing date – 5pm Friday, 28th August
– Finalists will then be asked to provide just two further photographs with the exception of Newcomer of the Year and Trend Image where no further images will be required
“The British Hairdressing Awards are a focal point for the global hairdressing industry, and the changes we have made in light of the Covid-19 pandemic allow accessibility for everyone to this fantastic celebration of British hairdressing,” said Julian Crane, Schwarzkopf Professional’s general manager UK and Ireland.
“This event is at the heart of the community and we want to ensure the British Hairdressing Awards continues to promote and reward outstanding creativity in this industry. These exciting changes will ensure that the event remains true to championing this fantastic industry in these currently challenging times,” says executive Director of Hairdressers Journal International, Jayne Lewis-Orr.
Previous announced changes to HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
· The closing date for first round entries will now be Friday, 28th August
· Finalists will be notified by Tuesday, 22nd September
· Finalists will be asked to provide just two further photographs for the second round judging by Friday, 2nd October, with the exception of Newcomer of the Year and Trend Image of the Year where no further images will be required
· So six photographs in total will be required from all other finalists
· The second round judging will take place on Saturday, 10th October at Salon International, ExCeL London
The health and wellbeing of our professional hair community remains our utmost priority and we look forward to helping it meet and overcome the current challenges, and to grow and thrive in the coming months and years.