HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards Sponsored by Schwarkzkopf Professional – FAQs
All the facts so you’re up to speed with what is expected from your entry for HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional.
Here HJ’s event manager Sharon Webb details everything you need to know about the entry process for the Awards…
• What is the last date to get my entry to you?
o All entries for this year needed to be received by Hairdressers Journal International by 5pm on Friday 22 June 2018. Check back for 2019 dates.
• Can I enter online?
o No. You can download the entry pack online, but all entries need to be posted to Sharon Webb, British Hairdressing Awards, 1.17 The Plaza, 535 Kings Road, London SW10 0SZ.
• I forgot to fill out my entry form, will my entry still be valid?
o No – you will need to complete the entry form found at the back of the entry pack and send it in alongside your entry.
• Are photocopied entry forms admissible?
o Yes, they are. If you are entering multiple entries, you can photocopy the entry form as many times as you need.
• Do I need to submit any other forms?
o If you are entering Artistic Team of the Year or Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year you will need to complete an additional questionnaire. Please email email@example.com for the specific questionnaires.
• How many copies of my entry do I need to submit?
o You only need to submit one copy of your entry.
• In what format do the entries need to be supplied?
o Your final printed photos need to be 10” x 8” (portrait) including any borders.
• How many photographs do I need to submit?
o You need to submit one before photo of each model taken on the day of the shoot, prior to any hair work. There is no set size for these photos but should be no larger than 10” x 8”.
o You also need to submit an after shot of each image before any post-production/retouching.
• Do I have to pay to enter?
o No, there is no charge to enter the awards. The only cost involved is if you wish to attend the awards ceremony.
• I have won the same Award three times – can I enter the same category again?
o No, you can’t unless there has been a two-year gap from the last year you won to the year you’d like to enter again.
• Can I enter the British Hairdresser of the Year category?
o No, this category is by nomination only.
• Can I enter more than one category?
o An individual can only enter from one salon in one region in any one year. However you can enter a specialist category as well as a region.
o If you are entering Newcomer of the Year you are unable to enter any other category.
• Can two people enter a category?
o Yes, you can enter as a duo.
o If you are entering Artistic Team of the Year, a minimum of three people constitutes a team.
• If I reach the shortlist, is there anything else I need to do?
o Finalists will be asked to submit a further four images (two further images in the case of Newcomer of the Year).
Click the below picture for more information on this year’s Awards