How to achieve the Natural Hair Trends of 2019
Natural hair is becoming increasingly prevalent in magazines, on catwalks and across social media. Michelle Thompson has shared how you can achieve two of the hottest hairstyles for 2019, The Contoured TWA and Bantu Twist Out using the KeraCare range from Avlon.
The Contoured Teeny Weeny Afro
“A good cut that will give the finished look shape and the wow factor.”
- Cut the hair into a graduated shape.
- Part clean hair into 5 sections, following the contour of the head.
- Apply a mix of Keracare Leave-in Conditioner, Twist and Define Cream and Defining Custard to each section then two strand twist.
- Once finished leave the hair to air dry or sit under the dryer.
- Unravel each section carefully and enhance the shape using an afro comb.
Bantu Twist Out
“It loosens tight coils and creates beautifully uniformed curls or waves that look dramatic and glamorous”
- Starting on clean and detangled hair washed with Keracare cleansers, blow dry the hair straight using a paddle brush.
- Start at the nape of the neck and create large square sections at the back of the head and triangular or diamond sections towards the crown and top of the head.
- Apply the Keracare Natural Textures Twist and Define Cream then twist the hair loosely at the mid lengths until the hair starts to coil towards the root.
- Wrap the hair around and underneath the knot until the ends are securely tucked away.
- Repeat this process for each section.
- Leave to air dry or sit under the dryer before carefully unravelling.