Step-by-Step: Take Your Toning Services to the Next Level
Toning is a simple yet effective way to add a personal touch to your finished looks in the salon. Follow Wella Professionals’ Zoe Irwin and James Earnshaw’s step-by-steps to discover how to take your toning services to the next level.
Take Your Toning Services to the Next Level with Blonde Toning
Blonde Toning such as this sunkissed hue by Zoë Irwin, can be used to create a sheer pastel or opalescent metallic sheen after pre-lightening.
The technique I love using is Palm Painting which is from the French way of balayaging.
Blonde Toning Services Step-by-Step with Zöe Irwin
- Apply Wellaplex No2 Bond Stabilizer to towel dried hair for 10 minutes. Rinse the hair.
- Shampoo using Invigo Color Brilliance and apply Blondor Seal and Care for five minutes. Rinse the hair.
- Mix Blonde Toning Formula (30g 9/59 Illumina Color, 30g Platinum Lily Opal-Essence by Illumina Color and 120ml Welloxon Perfect 1.9% Pastel Developer) with 1pt Illumina Color 2pt Welloxon Perfect 1.9% Pastel Developer. Section the hair.
- Develop for five to 15 minutes no heat.
- Rinse the Blonde Toner. Apply Invigo Post Color Treatment Stabilizer for five to 10 minutes. Rinse. Style with EIMI.
Transformational Toning Services Step-by-Step with James Earnshaw
Transformational Toning gives results such as this gorgeous metallic rose gold created by James Earnshaw, that will make your clients’ colour pop before they leave your salon.
James Earnshaw, Wella Professionals UK & Ireland Digital Colour Ambassador says:
I love Color Touch for blonde toning and super glossy brunettes.
What you Need to Create Transformational Toning
- Blondor Soft Blonde Cream
- 6% Welloxon Perfect Developer
FORMULA 2: STRAWBERRY PEACH
- 30g 10/6 Color Touch
- 8g 7/4 Color Touch
- 4g 55/65 Color Touch
- 84ml 1.9% Color Touch Emulsion
FORMULA 3: MAGENTA PINK
- 20g 9/97 Color Touch
- 5g 55/65 Color Touch
- 50ml 1.9% Color Touch Emulsion
Transformational Toning Step-by-Step with James Earnshaw
- Apply formula 1 to the root area in a brick work sectioning pattern.
- Develop for up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse, shampoo and apply Blondor Seal & Care for five minutes.
- Section the hair into a triangle shape for your toner application.
- Apply formula 2 to section A of the hair. Apply formula 3 to section B in horizontal sections. Work with formula 3 blending into formula 2 on section C.
- Develop for five to 20 minutes. Rinse and apply Invigo Post Color Treatment for five minutes.
- Style the hair.