Dressed up or down this style has a grown-up, LA glamour feel as seen on Kate Bosworth. Keep the look on-trend by brushing out waves so they are soft and not too done.
In this simple step-by-step, the Headmasters artistic team demonstrate how to create the LA Twist in five simple steps.
1. Create a clean middle parting, then take random-sized sections and tong the hair in various directions to add movement and bounce.
2. Backcomb the hair slightly and add L’Oréal Professionnel tecni art super dust for extra volume, then take a diamond-shaped section from one side and split into two.
3. Twist each section against itself all the way to the ends.
4. Wrap each twisted section around the other leaving each a little loose at the ends.
5. Secure the plait together using a clear elastic hair band between the crown and the nape. Tease the plait and brush through the curls to keep the look loose and undone.
Hair: Headmasters Artistic Team
Make-up: Melanie Kyle
Styling: Laura Hinton
Photographs: John Booth