HJ's 2010 British Hairdressing Award Winners!
November 23, 2010 9:16 AM
Glitz, glamour, worthy winners and fabulous entertainment: HJ's 2010 British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional lived up to all expectations.
The awards, now in their 26th year, are firmly established as the highlight of the hairdressing calendar and this year it was extra special for Darren Ambrose, of DJ Ambrose, who was welcomed into the Hall of Fame for winning a hat-trick of Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year trophies; and Sharon Peake, who picked up her third consecutive North Western Hairdresser of the Year.
But the biggest accolade of the night - and a huge standing ovation - went to the new British Hairdresser of the Year Angelo Seminara.
"This is amazing," said a very humble Angelo. "I am very surprised because I didn't think I would win again because of what I like doing - and that is experimenting."
And the winners in full were:
- Scottish Hairdresser of the Year - Kay McIntyre, McIntyre's, Dundee
- Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year - Scott Smurthwaite and Will Eagles, Cream, Gloucester
- Eastern Hairdresser of the Year - Christopher Appleton, George's Hairdressing, Leicester
- North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year - Alexander Turnball, Alexander Hair and Beauty, Hull
- Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year - Keith Kane, Keith Kane Hair International, Belfast
- Southern Hairdresser of the Year - Seung-ki-Baek, RUSH Epsom
- Midlands Hairdresser of the Year - Lewis Moore and Jacky Crosby, Francesco Group, Streetly
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year - Sharon Peake, Ethos Hairdressing, Manchester
- London Hairdresser of the Year - Skyler McDonald, seanhanna, Putney
- Men's Hairdresser of the Year - Jody Taylor, Toni & Guy, London
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year - Kim Johnson and Michelle Sultan, Hype Coiffure, London
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year - Efi Davies, Toni & Guy, Covent Garden
- Newcomer of the Year - Dan Spiller, Marc Antoni, Fleet
- Artistic Team of the Year - RUSH Hair
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year - Christel Lundqvist HOB, London
- HJ's British Hairdresser of the Year 2010 - Angelo Seminara
Subscribe to HJ to keep your finger on the pulse of all of the hair industry's events and awards. The weekly magazine is packed with need-to-know information from how to enter the awards to the secrets of the winners' success.